Who we are
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Chicago, IL, Pangea started with the mission of making money transfer simple, fair and safe. Since then, we’ve been striving to enhance the security and reduce the cost and pain points of international money transfer. Our first solution allows users to complete a transfer in three easy steps and pay with any US debit card, with an innovative nationwide cash solution coming soon. Receivers in Mexico, Colombia, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador and Dominican Republic can collect the transfers in cash or receive the money directly into a bank account. Through every partnership and product iteration, we’ll continue to help our users save more time and money. Pangea is successful because of our world-class team members and strong passion for making an impact in our customers’ lives. We are different. We are innovative. We are eager to learn from each other. We are dedicated to building the world’s best platform for transferring money.
At Pangea, our employees are our most valuable assets. Our philosophy of promoting from within provides employees with endless growth opportunities. We create our own path and we can move within and between departments.
We’re looking for a bilingual Sales and Customer Support Specialist to help us guide and support our customers through the Pangea experience. You’ll be responsible for addressing our daily customer needs, including managing our voice, chat, and email support offerings through an integrated platform. You’ll also work closely with the Compliance team to request additional information from customers that may be required in order to complete transfers or identify levels of risk.
As the Sales and Customer Support Specialist, you’ll initially be expected to own the customer inquiry process, as well as provide day-to-day support on our consumer-facing marketing initiatives (grassroots, social, PR, and others).
At Pangea, we don’t just let anyone join our close-knit family. Our vetting process is very intentional and calculated. We’re looking for individuals who can work collaboratively with each member of our dynamic, diverse team, while simultaneously enhancing the unique company culture. You’ll work cross-functionally with all departmental heads to help build and maintain Pangea’s service and product.
Here’s what you’ll own
- Consistently create positive customer experiences through superior customer service.
- Assist customers via telephone, helpdesk, and chat with site navigation and transaction processing.
- Collaborate with the Customer Experience team to identify and resolve persistent problem areas.
- Collaborate with the Compliance team to assist in solving customers’ problems as they relate to security, fraud, and risk.
- Manage compliance/customer service workflows on various platforms.
- Regularly report customer-related tasks to the Compliance team.
- Assist in increasing efficiency of compliance/customer service workflows.
- Collaborate with the Technology team and other key business areas to report contingencies and potential areas of improvement.
- Critically analyze customer experience throughout all aspects and phases of Pangea’s service and product.
- Assemble and accurately document all information gathered through the company’s ticketing system and integrated platforms.
What you’ll need to just get by
- Native fluency in Spanish and English required. We have native speakers on the team, so be prepared to chat…a lot.
- Exceptional writing skills. You’ll be crafting everything from emails and blog posts to policies and summaries, and will have to adjust tone and voice accordingly.
- Authentic, courteous, and friendly demeanor. Your external interactions are a direct reflection of Pangea, so you must always be welcoming and pleasant, even when you’re dealing with complaints or unpleasant customers.
- Understand and appreciate Pangea’s customer base. It will be imperative for you to recognize the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew of users, which means you’ll need to be slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Experience with ticketing software. Familiarity with online ticketing systems, such as Zendesk and Trello, will be helpful.
- Previous experience in customer-facing roles. Prior call center, brand ambassador, or marketing/promotional experience is a plus.
- Ability to multitask. You’ll need to simultaneously manage multiple systems, screens, and tasks while moving seamlessly from voice to chat to email support.
- Project management experience preferred. At times you’ll have to manage several projects concurrently and under strict deadlines.
- Time commitment. We don’t work bankers’ hours, so you’ll need to be comfortable working between 40 to 60 hours per week.
Pangea’s awesome perks
- Competitive pay. This is a contract-to-hire role. Initial compensation will be $15-$20 per hour, with the intention of transitioning into a permanent, salaried position.
- Bonus potential. We offer performance-related bonuses and tons of opportunity for growth.
- Awesome location. It’s no coincidence that our main office is located within walking distance of some the best restaurants and bars that Chicago’s River North area can offer. And when we’re in the mood for a little international flair, there’s always the option of taking a quick trip over to our office in Mexico City.
- So many perks. A shiny new MacBook Pro or Air (unless you’re a PC loyalist), awesome open work space, unlimited opportunities for career development and more.
- Snacks on snacks. Our kitchen is stocked with everything from avocados, bagels, and breakfast cereals (Lucky Charms, anyone?) to Fruit by the Foot and cookies.
- The best culture. We work with passion and purpose. And when we’re done, we’re all about happy hours, food, being active, and having fun!