Pangea is seeking to hire an HR Generalist to serve as a contracted consultant and provide human resources support on several projects. We are looking for a cool, collected, and organized person who has experience in health benefits, recruitment and retention, COBRA, legal compliance, talent management, departmental development, employee relations, compensation, and general employment practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be discussed.
- Take the lead in communication about and open enrollment for health benefits.
- Perform benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Administer various human resources plans and procedures and assist in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Participate in developing organization goals, objectives, and systems.
- Assist in administration and monitoring of compensation and performance evaluation programs.
- Knowledgable about compliance requirements for all federal and state laws related to benefits, compensation, employment, affirmative action, equal employment, and training. Consults legal counsel to ensure that company practices comply with federal and state law.
- Assist with recruitment efforts for exempt and nonexempt personnel.
- Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of services performed.
- Provide advisement on all phases of the employment relationship including employee relations and counseling matters and all aspects of employment hiring and termination.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher and a minimum of five years of work experience in the field of human resources
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Top-notch time management and organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment under dynamic schedule constraints with frequent interruptions
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of human resources principles and practices, labor laws, employee benefits, compliance, and reporting laws are required
- Experience with fast-growing, small to mid-sized tech or startup companies highly preferred
- PHR/SPHR Certification is highly preferred
Part-time / Contract
Work experience in the field of human resources: 5+ years